Monday, January 25, 2010

Think outside the book - 1

Lately I've been trying to challenge myself to create projects that are not scrapbook pages. I love to scrapbook and my kids give me plenty of reason, but it's also great to find new and fun ways to use CTMH products. This is the first in a blog series called "Think outside the book". I hope you'll like these ideas and try them yourself. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Lets make a flip-flop card!
You will need: (a)A piece of cardstock, cut to 8-1/2" x 4-1/4"
(b)A second piece of cardstock (not the same color as the first), cut to 8-1/2" x 3" (c)A piece of B&T paper cut to 4" x 3-1/4"
(d)A piece of B&T paper cut to 4" x 2-1/2"
(e)A piece of cardstock (can be the same as 'a' but not 'b') cut to 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" (f)A piece of B&T paper cut to 2-1/2" x 2-1/2"

I chose to use the Topstitch Level 2 Paper Packet for mine. It's brand new in the 2010 spring idea book and I love the soft colors in this pack.
I chose to swipe the edges of all my pieces with Chocolate ink to give it a distressed look. Then I start my assembly....
You'll need to score the two pieces of cardstock that make your base, 'a' and 'b'. Piece 'a' is scored at 3-1/2". To score you just align your paper where you want your crease to be and use a bone folder or an embossing stylus, as I did, and apply pressure (not too much) along the line you want to fold.

Use the same technique with 'b' and score in half at 4-1/4".
Attach the two pieces together as shown.


Next attach 'd' to the inside of the card as so...

Then attach piece 'c' to the front of the card on the bigger flap. The smaller flap should fold over the top.

Attach piece 'f' to the top of piece 'e' and embellish as desired.

Attach to the front of your card.

I also made a flip-flop card using Veranda Level 2 Paper. I think it turned out really cut too.


No comments:

Post a Comment