Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heavy hearted for earthquake victims

I just can't hardly turn on the television lately. It's so hard to watch what's happening in Haiti. My family lost our home in the great midwest flood of 1993 and one thing that I'll always remember was how people came! Friends, neighbors, strangers, just tons of people came to help sandbag day after day. We live in a very generous country. We are blessed to be surrounded by such caring people. We always need to pass that on. We need to turn around and give to the next person in need and to teach our kids that it's the right thing to do. I remember watching t.v. when Katrina hit and racking my brain trying to figure out what I could do, beyond sending money, to help. Well, here we are again. We have neighbors who need us. I strongly believe that the most important thing we can do is pray! Remember to pray for them! Ask God to bring peace and safety to Haiti. Ask for him to clear the roads for the aid workers. Ask for good weather and a break in the heat. And, importantly, ask him to tell you what he wants you to do to help these poor people in need.

Please check back because I'm trying to come up with a plan to use my business website to raise funds for the earthquake victims. Perhaps a day set aside where all my website profits will go to the Red Cross.

Let's do this thang! Let's share our love for each other while showing the world that we're not the great satan, but generous people who see a need and ACT! That's God's kinda love, agape love.

No comments:

Post a Comment