Monday, October 5, 2009

I love Football Season!


Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I like to see the leaves turn golden and break out the hoodies!! Us country folk love our hoodies. This year brings extra excitement because my son is playing football. Not only do I love to watch and cheer for football, I recently discovered I love to scrapbook it too!! I made this layout to celebrate my son's rookie year (uh, oh. Is that strictly a baseball term?). Anyway, I used the nice, big Rustic Alphabet stamp set for my "IMPACT" title and used second generation stamping to make a second set for a shadow effect. The mock-football field I created along the bottom of the page wow'd everyone at my most recent gathering and it was so simple to make. I used a dry embossing technique to create my lines, evenly spaced, and then lightly sanded the paper to reveal the white core of the cardstock. Then I simply stamped little numbers for the yard-lines. This was a fun project and I'm looking forward to creating more artwork for my son's football memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment