Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm gettin excited! January Retreat is getting closer!

I just finished a preliminary schedule of events for my January 9th retreat at the Agnew cabin in Lithium MO. Thought I'd wet some appetites and post it!

Kit selecting- After everyone has arrived and settled in you'll get to select your kit for the evening. I'll have lots of paper from the new Spring 2010 Idea Book to choose from! This will include all the paper you need to complete the project we'll be doing.

Stamping Demo- I'll be demonstrating several types of stamping with the MyAcrylix stamps.

Breakout session 1- You get to try your hand at the stamping techniques on your own kit.

Paper Distressing Demo- I'll show you some ways to distress your paper to give it a worn, hand-made look.

Breakout session 2- You'll get to use my tools to distress your own kit.

Scrapbook Layout Demo- This will be the longest demo. I'll be showing you how to use the CTMH scrapbook programs to create beautiful pages. I love personalizing the layouts so I'll be showing ways to do that as well.

Breakout session 3- You'll put together your own 2-page layout using the program guide that I used in the demo.

Game Time!!!- Sorry, no sneak peeks here. I will tell you that there will be prizes!

Studio J!- If all goes according to schedule we should be able to play with the new Studio J digital scrapbook program.

Crop til you drop- If you're a night owl and want to bring your own things to work on, please feel free!! I'll be letting everyone play with my personal items during this time too. Try out the Glitter Rub-ons or whatever you want. It's free-for-all time.

If you plan to attend and haven't signed up yet, please call me right away. The spots are filling up! This is a free event and mystery hostess. I'll also have door prizes! It's my give-back event for the quarter. Don't miss out!

I'll close with some art (of course). These are some thank you notes I made with Jingle Paper, Holiday Trinkets stamps, Glitter Rub-ons, Twinkle Brads, and a lot of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment