Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Card

I just finished a really cute Christmas card and wanted to share.

I started with a 4-1/2" x 4-1/2" Daisey White cardstock card. I used a 4" x 4" piece of cardstock in Ponderosa Pine for my background, which I distressed by using an embossing stylus to create lines. I then sanded to reveal the white core of the cardstock. The red is Cranberry cardstock with snowflakes random stamped also in Cranberry. I sanded the edges again to reveal the white core. The Christmas tree was the fun part. The tree (as well as the snowflakes and lettering) came from the Holiday Warmth stamp set that was our October stamp set of the month. I stamped the tree in Ponderosa Pine on White Daisey cardstock and then used a Cranberry Exclusive Inks Marker to shade in the ornaments on the tree. After the Ink had dried (a couple of minutes) I used a dab of Liquid Glass on each ornament then covered them with clear Prisma Glitter. I know they may not sparkle much in the picture but, trust me, they sparkle. The finishing touch was the "Merry Christmas" which was stamped in Cranberry then attached with foam tape to give it some pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment